Certified Kanban Training: Kanban Management Professional (KMP ii), Národní 135/14, Čtvrtek, 08. Říjen 2020
About this Event
Kanban Management Professional (KMP) is a two day class, and is designed for senior managers (technical or non-technical) as well as individual contributors; such as Software Engineers, Quality Assurance Specialists, Project Managers, Product Managers, Service Delivery Managers, Release Managers, Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches, and anyone wanting to continuously improve his or her organisation based on practical and actionable guidance.
Kanban Management Professional (KMP) follows Kanban System Design (KSD) class which is a 2 days class designed to teach participants the core practices and principles of Kanban Method, and foundations of service design and management; and how to use them to design and improve a single system or service.
You will need to complete both KSD and KMP class to gain Kanban Management Professional Credential.
The Kanban Management Professional credential shows you have had top quality Kanban training to design a kanban system and then to scale as needed while driving continuous improvement of the system
KMPs know how to streamline upstream and downstream flows of work, manage knowledge work more efficiently, improve service delivery, and create greater customer satisfaction.
Here are some of the outcomes and objectives of KMP class:
- Dive deeper into the evolutionary change management principles, and use them effectively to manage resistance to change.
- Use Kanban method to manage work across your enterprise. Horizontally, between service providers; Vertically at different levels of the organization - from strategy to individual deliverables.
- Explore the depth of Kanban general practices, and apply them to manage end-to-end service delivery - from customer needs at upstream to needs met at downstream.
- Design Kanban Cadences and Feedback loops for one or multi-services to create centralized coordination and decentralized control.
- Use strategies such as Shaping Demand, Risk-based Replenishment, Blocker Clustering, Disruption and Dependency Handling, Bottleneck Management to improve Service capability.
- Use lead time distribution and Weibull shapes to analyze service delivery characteristics, and make a better risk management decision.
Who Should Attend?
We believe that Kanban method is for all people who are in knowledge and creative work domain and in service business. Especially those who manage these businesses.
Managers: C-Level executives, Directors, Business Unit Managers, People Managers, Service Delivery Managers, Technical Directors, Heads of PMO, Heads of Product
Individual Contributors: Software Engineers, QA Specialists, Release Managers, Project Managers, Portfolio or Program Managers, Project Governance auditors and process engineers, Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches, Product Owners, Product Managers.
Attendees are expected to have read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows.
Prior completion of a Kanban System Design (KSD/ KMPi), or an Kanban University Introductory Level course such as Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP) course, is highly recommended.
Completion of a Kanban System Design (KSD/ KMPi) course is required to achieve the KMP Credential.
This class is for people who currently use a Kanban system, or have prior experience with Kanban, or who are in the KMP training series currently, and/or who have consulting clients who use Kanban.
Kanban University® Credential
After completion of Kanban System Design (KSD/KMPi) and Kanban Management Professional (KMPii) classes, participants will receive internationally recognized Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential.
- Why the Kanban method? (the motivation)
- Basic Approaches to Kanban
- Evolutionary Change (An Enterprise-level Case Study)
- Handling emotional objection to WIP Limit
- The Kanban method and its value System
- Kanban for the Enterprise: Service Orientation, Scaling and Upstream
- Are customers satisfied? Are we improving the right thing?
- Doing the right thing, Working on the right thing, making things better (Feedback loops)
- Commitment and replenishment in-depth
- Communication flow for business agility
- Implementing organizational feedback loops with Kanban cadences, such as service delivery reviews, operation reviews and risk reviews
- Managing sources of delay caused dependencies and variability
- Models for improvement: measuring performance, disruption and dependencies, bottlenecks, overhead and inefficiencies
- Managing Evolutionary Change
- All days consist largely of interactive group exercises and games.
- A physical copy of the definitive short guide to the method,
- Essential Kanban Condensed by David J. Anderson and Andy Carmichael.
- A digital copy of the book Kanban by David J. Anderson.
- A digital copy of the slides and references.
- Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University Certified Kanban Training, digital format.
- Credential by Lean Kanban University as a Kanban Management Professional (KMP).
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory.
- This is the second of two steps to the KMP accreditation. Both steps are required.
- Substitutions of participants are allowed anytime until the start of the class
- Refunds are provided as follows: 35 days or more, 100%; 15 days or more, 50%
- The organizer reserves the right to cancel classes if registrations are insufficient.
- The organizer reserves the right to change the location of the class.